E-Cigarettes and Vaporizers
Ever since these cigarettes were launched, people have wondered about the functionality and mechanism. During the initial phase, the producers of the e-cigarettes tried to copy the looks of the conventional ones. As time passed by, new design started appearing on the market which has proven to the more acceptable by the users. Gradually, these cigarettes became available in different flavors and colors. Some of them were disposable while others can be replaced by changing the expired cartridges with new ones.
Vaporizers came into the scene a couple of years ago. Regarding looks, this strayed from the conventional cigarettes. Often people tend to get confused between vaporizers and e-cigarettes. However, there are significant differences between the two.
These days, there are an array of different types of e-cigarettes and vaporizers available in the market. Talking of difference between e-cigarettes and vaporizers, there are quite a few significant ones. In the following section of this article, you will be offered a brief Insight into some of the major differences between e-cigarettes and vaporizers
Also known as e-cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are devices which are typically designed like conventional cigarettes. The batteries power the cigarettes. The users can choose from an array of different types of tobacco flavors and strengths.
During the early days, it took some time for the users to activate the atomizer by pressing a button for a couple of seconds. These days, most of the e-cigarettes can be activated automatically just by taking a puff. The heating coil which is located inside the cigarettes will get activated upon inhalation. Then the e-cigarette’s tip will start to grow, and the user would start receiving odorless vapor. This vapor looks like smoke upon exhaling.
When it comes to e-cigarettes, they usually have three major parts. They are
- A Mouthpiece
- A battery, and
The pre-filled cartridge is being held by the cartomizers which are disposable.
Here are a few crucial facts about e-cigarettes
- They have been designed to look like the conventional cigarettes, and they operate in the same manner.
- Pre-filled cartridges are being used in these cigarettes which are fitted in the mouthpiece. This prevents the need to us e-liquids.
- When compared to vaporizers, e-cigarettes are much smaller regarding the size
- They have a smaller battery, and hence the battery life is small
- Some of these e-cigarettes are rechargeable, while the others are disposable.
- The cartridges do not fit with all the brands due to the difference in designs
- They do not produce tobacco smoke as opposed to the traditional cigarettes.
When it comes to the difference between vaping and e-cigarettes, there are quite a few significant ones. Also known as vapes, the vaporizers differ a lot from the traditional cigarettes regarding their looks and design. Some of these devices come in the designs of fountain pens; however, there are an array of different models available which comes in different designs and shapes. They contain an atomizer which stores the e-liquid which is then heated into vapor upon activating the device. There is no need to replace the cartridge when the vaporizer gets empty. Instead, the users can use new e-liquid in the device.
One of the significant differences between vaping and e-cigarettes is the fact that the vaporizers are creating a cloud of vapor. When exhaled, odorless vapor is being produced which looks quite alike to tobacco smoke.
The vaporizers come with larger batteries as opposed to e-cigs. Hence, you do not have to recharge the battery on a frequent basis. They are capable of holding more volume of e-liquid compared to e-cigarettes. Vaporizers have gained tremendous popularity over the years and are being used as a substitute for traditional cigarettes.
Here are some essential facts about vaporizers
- Regarding looks, they differ a lot from traditional cigarettes
- These devices are required to be refilled quite frequently using liquid nicotine.
- Compared to e-cigs, vaporizers have longer battery life and are rechargeable.
- Regarding flavor, more choices are available for the vaporizers as opposed to e-cigs
- Regarding size, vaporizers are larger compared to e-cigs.
- More start-up cost is associated with the vaporizers
- The marijuana users are also using these devices on a frequent basis.
There are lots of differences between e-cigs and vaporizers; regarding their design and mechanism. However, they also have some common features. As opposed to the traditional cigarettes, both of these devices are much easy to use. Both of them produces odorless vapor. This vapor which is being produced by vaporizers or e-cigs can contain only nicotine or a mix of both flavors and nicotine, or only flavor. Whether the e-liquid is used in a pre-filled cartridge or otherwise, both of them heat the liquid in the same manner.
The e-liquids used in both e-cigs and vaporizers is made of the mixture of same types of oils and different other substances. E-liquid is nothing but vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol which contains liquid nicotine along with different types of flavors. According to recent research which has been carried out by the U.S Food and Drug Administration, it has been proven that both vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are non-toxic.
Talking of the differences between e-cigarettes and vaporizers, the most significant one is the design of the two. Regarding durability and quality, they depend on the brand and quality of the material. Personal choice and preference of the users also play a major role when it comes to selecting between these two devices. However, the fact that there are so many different options available in the market makes it an easy choice for the users to select the best one.
When it comes to the chemical composition of e-cigs and vaporizers, there are significant differences between the two. Here are some of the chemicals which are used in these devices
- Ammonia: Used for household cleaning
- Root extracts of Angelica: This substance causes cancer in animals
- Arsenic: It is present in rat poisons.
- Benzene: This substance is used to produce synthetic rubbers and dyes.
- Butane Gas: It is present in lighter fluids
- Carbon Monoxide: It is a highly toxic gas
- Cadmium: This substance is used in the batteries
- Cyanide: It is a very deadly poison
- DDT: It is a banned insecticide
- Lead: Can be very poisonous if used in high doses
- Ethyl Furoate: Known for causing liver damage in animals
- Methoprene: This substance is in use as an insecticide.
- Formaldehyde: It is a chemical which is in use for preserving dead specimens
- Megastigmatrienone: This is a type of chemical found in the grapefruit juice
- Naphthalene: Mothball ingredients
- Maltitol: Used as sweeteners
- Pesticides and Fungicides: Known for causing birth defects and different types of cancers.
- Cadmium: Causes prostate and lung cancer
- Benzene: This substance is known for causing leukemia
- Nickel: Causes infections in lungs
- Formaldehyde: Causes lung cancer
- Methyl Isocyanate: A highly toxic gas
These are the chemical composition of e-cigs and vaporizers used in vaporizers and e-cigs, with a difference in proportion.
What are the Effects of E-Cigs and Vaporizers on Health?
It is true that e-cigarettes and vaporizers are less harmful compared to the traditional cigarettes; however, upon consuming them on a regular basis, these devices can cause serious health issues.
They can cause serious respiratory hazards which are caused by the toxic by-products which are produced because of combustion. The smoke which is being produced is a result of combustion and can cause different types of lung and respiratory disorders. In case of e-cigs, there is no combustion; as a result, they cause lesser health hazards compared to the traditional cigarettes.
What are the Benefits of using Vaporizers?
There are numerous benefits which can be associated with using vaporizers. Here are some of them
- Health:These days many doctors recommend vaporizers as they are one of the easiest and safest ways when it comes to consuming nicotine, marijuana and other types of weeds. The burning of nicotine can pose a serious risk of lungs and can cause serious respiratory issues. When it comes to vaporizers, they offer a cleaner and safer smoking experience. With vaporization, a minimum amount of smoke and odor is being released.
- Experience:The effects of vaporization can be felt instantly, and it lasts for at least three hours, which is quite similar to that of smoking. This makes vaporizing a convenient and easy way to enjoy nicotine and different types of weeds. Since it is devoid of any burning, it is being preferred by many people for the smell and taste. Compared to traditional smoking, vaping is more convenient and efficient.
- Cost:As per as the up-front cost is concerned, vaporizers are bit expensive as opposed to the conventional cigarettes; however, the recurring expenditure is comparatively lesser. Once the device is purchased all that is required to be done is to purchase the tobacco. The battery lasts for a long period, and hence it need not be changed on a regular basis.
Vaporizers are in use by many smokers from all over the world. Over the last couple of years, they have gained tremendous popularity in North America. The fact that it is safe and convenient makes vaporizer an easy option for the smokers. They are not very expensive, and at the same time, different types of flavors can be used. These devices are the best options when it comes to smoking.
What are the Benefits of using E-Cigarettes?
When it comes to e-cigs, there is a wide range of different benefits they have to offer. Here are some of them
- Improved Smell:E-cigs are available in a wide range of different types of flavors. This reduces the strong smell of nicotine and produces different types of flavored smells.
- Improved Taste:As far as taste is concerned, e-cigs offer a much-improved taste. The fact that different types of flavors can be used help to produce much-improved taste. There are different types of flavors available for e-cigarettes.
- Variety of Flavor:As mentioned, there are a vast number of different types of flavors available for e-cigarettes
- Nicotine levels:You can easily adjust the level of nicotine with the e-cigarettes. This makes e-cigs much safer compared to the traditional cigarettes.
- Improved Circulation and Breathing:Electronic cigarettes offer much-improved circulation and breathing. Hence they are much safer than conventional cigarettes.
- Safe:The fact that no fire is used makes the e-cigs a much safer option compared to the traditional ones
- No Ashtrays:E-cigs are devoid of any kinds of ash. Therefore there is no need for using ashtrays.
These are some of the reasons that have made e-cigarettes so popular all over the world. Many people who are trying to quit smoking have opted for e-cigs.
Vaporizers and e-cigs are the two best options for the smokers who want to have a better and enhanced smoking experience. It needs to be remembered, that though they are less harmful as opposed to traditional cigarettes; however, you should remember that regular use of these devices can cause severe damage to lungs and can also cause other kinds of health problems. However, the fact that they offer an enhanced smoking experience makes them very popular among the smokers.